P&K KFA (VDI 3781 part 4)
Determination of discharge conditions for exhaust gases of small and medium combustion systems and other installations
With P&K KFA we offer a program to calculate exhaust systems like chimneys or stacks according guideline VDI 3781 part 4 discharge conditions for exhaust gases for small and medium combustion systems and other installations.
The guideline requires:
- undisturbed removal of the exhaust gas with the free airflow and
- adequate dilution of the exhaust gas are ensured.
The calculation requires following data:
- Outline of buildings (buildings and their roof constructions). These can be entered in a table or via a graphical tool on a map. Details are to be entered into that table
- Locations and emission parameter of exhaust gas discharge systems (chimneys). There is a table for this with checkboxes to control alternatives
- All relevant air intake openings of buildings. There is a table for this with checkboxes to control alternatives. There is also graphical illustration to help with orientation. For a simplified calculation an upper opening edge can be defined in the buildings.
Central work area of this program is a 2D/3D graphic which shows buildings, openings, chimney, recirculation zone and exposure zone. The graphic allows for visualization of object location on a 3D map and to alter data of the input tables. The graphic can exported to a file.
The input data and detailed calculation report are supplied in in HTML format.
The program has built-in German and English language support
At www.petersen-kade.com you can see the program documentation and samples as well as download a demo program.